article title : where to put cat litter box in small apartment
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty field. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up finding your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of pet cat box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for these people. It is also neater and helps to keep litter tracking to the very least. However, the dirt and odor trapped within the protected box may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other hand provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and older cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It’s very common for folks to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more inviting the kitty pack is to the kitten, the more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your feline scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They conform pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor completely over time no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more costly than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that possessing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Plus the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as it can be.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. So that causes my next idea.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small closet with cleaning resources, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item such as a roll of present wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area around the container frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang up it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery packs and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your package half full with litter. Among the most frequent mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging close to the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Each day, scoop the pet waste material into a tote, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor round the kitty litter box as well concerning place clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery handbags. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, put the bath towels or wipes together with the litter, connect the carrier up restricted and dump it in the garbage!