article title : washable cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any kitty owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty field. Choose one that is not to your cat’s liking and you conclude witnessing your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of kitten pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy to them. It’s also neater and maintains litter tracking to the very least. However, the dirt and odor caught within the covered pack may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded package, on the other hands provides more space for the kitten to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It is very common for individuals to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more inviting the kitty container is to the kitten, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may conclude having the cat litter being disperse around when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the material type. They conform pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor forever after some time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” As well as the feline is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Stunned when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the cat to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that leads to my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item such as a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper using one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, collection it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area surrounding the box frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your pack half full with litter. One of the most frequent problems people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s such as a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder near by also is a big help. Every day, scoop the pet misuse into a handbag, double handbag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor round the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes within the litter, link the handbag up small and dump it in the garbage!