article title : target cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any cat owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty package. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you end up witnessing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty package.
There are various types of cat pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy to them. It’s also neater and helps to keep litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dirt and odor caught within the protected field may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hands provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and old cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is vital. It is very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more appealing the kitty package is to the pet cat, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest box that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a preference on the material type. They adjust pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to take care of and cleansed. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor once and for all over time no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box box is a perfect solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Plus the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Stunned when they see. Having possessed felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to help make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next hint.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of surprise cover or shelf newspaper using one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area around the box frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang it on a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your pack one half full with litter. One of the most frequent blunders people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s just like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a large help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a handbag, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and squirt cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper bath towels within the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor throughout the litter box as well as to identify clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery luggage. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes together with the litter, tie up the tote up small and dump it in the trash!