article title : stainless steel cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any pet cat owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose one that is not to your cat’s liking and you end up discovering your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty package.
There are many different types of cat package available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it very much depends upon your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and helps to keep litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dust and odor trapped within the protected field may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded box, on the other palm provides more space for the kitty to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and more aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for people to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more inviting the kitty package is to the feline, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest box that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a pack may wrap up having the cat litter being disperse all over when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They adapt pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to deal with and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor completely over time and no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever wondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is an excellent solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” Plus the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good signal you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is possible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having got felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that contributes to my next hint.
- Where I’ve found to keep the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning equipment, or in an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item like a roll of surprise wrap or shelf paper on one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, collection it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area throughout the field frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang up it on a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your package 50 % full with litter. Among the most typical flaws people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder close by also is a large help. Every day, scoop the pet throw away into a carrier, double handbag it, tie it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor surrounding the litter box as well as to place clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery luggage. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie the tote up limited and dump it in the garbage!