article title : simply clean cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for any pet cat owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty box. Choose one that is not to your cat’s liking and you wrap up witnessing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It may choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of cat field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely is determined by your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy on their behalf. It is also neater and keeps litter checking to the very least. However, the dirt and odor caught within the covered pack may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded package, on the other palm provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and older cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It’s very common for individuals to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it will be to your cat. The more inviting the kitty field is to the cat, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a desire on the materials type. They change pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and washed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor entirely after some time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever considered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter package.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that developing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Plus the kitten is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Stunned when they see. Having acquired cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next idea.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open up. Placing a long item like a roll of gift cover or shelf newspaper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area around the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of battery packs and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box 50 percent full with litter. Among the most typical problems people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s such as a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging nearby the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder local also is a big help. Every day, scoop your pet throw away into a carrier, double handbag it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and aerosol cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper bath towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor about the kitty litter box as well as to identify clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery bags. Use your paper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the tote up small and dump it in the trash!