article title : sifting cat litter boxes
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any kitty owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty container. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s liking and you finish up experiencing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of kitty container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely is determined by your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for them. It’s also neater and continues litter monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor stuck within the covered container may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other side provides more space for the kitten to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and more mature cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It is very common for people to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty pack is to the feline, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest box that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse around when your cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a preference on the materials type. They conform pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to manage and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor once and for all over time no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and ease of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever considered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that possessing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Plus the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to help make the job of kitten care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that leads to my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning supplies, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, ensure that you keep the door cracked open. Placing an extended item like a roll of present cover or shelf newspaper on one of the cabinets works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area about the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or suspend it on the wall in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your package fifty percent full with litter. Among the most common faults people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s like a very clean pack, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the pack without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging close to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a large help. Every day, scoop the pet misuse into a handbag, double tote it, tie it up airtight and put it in a protected trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and spray cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor across the litter box as well concerning identify clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes together with the litter, tie the tote up small and dump it in the trash!