article title : self cleaning cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any feline owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty package. Choose one which is not to your cat’s preference and you finish up finding your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty pack.
There are many different types of pet cat pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and will keep litter monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust and odor captured within the protected field may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded box, on the other side provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and older cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It is very common for people to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more appealing the kitty container is to the kitty, the greater apt he will be to utilize it. So, always select the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may wrap up having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a desire on the materials type. They adapt pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to deal with and cleansed. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor entirely over time no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more costly than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that developing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” As well as the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Amazed when they see. Having got felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the cat to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next idea.
- Where I’ve found to keep the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item such as a roll of surprise cover or shelf newspaper on one of the racks is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area across the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or suspend it over a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your container 50 percent full with litter. One of the most typical flaws people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s such as a very clean box, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging close to the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a large help. Every day, scoop your pet throw away into a carrier, double handbag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and aerosol cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels within the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor round the kitty litter box as well as to place clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery luggage. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes in with the litter, link the bag up tight and dump it in the trash!