article title : self cleaning cat litter box uk
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty field. Choose one which is not to your cat’s liking and you end up discovering your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of cat package available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it very much depends on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy on their behalf. It is also neater and keeps litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust and odor caught within the protected package may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other hands provides more space for the kitten to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and old cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is very important. It is very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your cat. The more welcoming the kitty field is to the cat, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a container may finish up having the feline litter being disperse all over when your feline scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They modify pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor once and for all after some time and no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” And the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having experienced felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that contributes to my next hint.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is in a small closet with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift cover or shelf paper on one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with clear plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area round the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or suspend it on the wall in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger handy as well.
- Fill your container 50 % full with litter. Among the most common flaws people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s just like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a tote, double handbag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels within the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well as to identify clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery bags. Use your paper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie up the bag up restricted and dump it in the trash!