article title : self clean cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any kitten owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty field. Choose one that is never to your cat’s preference and you conclude seeing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of kitty pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it very much will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for these people. It’s also neater and continues litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust and odor stuck within the protected package may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded package, on the other side provides more space for the kitty to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is very important. It’s very common for folks to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it will be to your pet cat. The more welcoming the kitty container is to the cat, the more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a desire on the materials type. They modify pretty well on plastic as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor once and for all over time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever considered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that using a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” As well as the kitten is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Stunned when they see. Having had pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of kitten care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that causes my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is in a small closet with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing a long item like a roll of surprise cover or shelf newspaper on one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area round the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang it on the wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your field 1 / 2 full with litter. One of the most frequent mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s such as a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging nearby the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder close by also is a large help. Each day, scoop the pet misuse into a tote, double bag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well concerning spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery handbags. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie the carrier up restricted and dump it in the trash!