article title : scoopfree cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any cat owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty pack. Choose one which is never to your cat’s liking and you end up discovering your kitty preventing the use from it totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty box.
There are many different types of pet cat container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it very much is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and keeps litter checking to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor captured within the protected field may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded package, on the other side provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It’s very common for folks to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your feline. The more appealing the kitty container is to the kitten, the more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always select the largest box that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may end up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a inclination on the material type. They change pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic bins. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to manage and cleansed. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor permanently over time no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic cover box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that developing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” As well as the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having experienced pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitty to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that brings about my next idea.
- Where I’ve found to keep the litter box is a small closet with cleaning materials, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf newspaper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area around the package frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it over a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your pack one half full with litter. Among the most frequent errors people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s just like a very clean field, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging nearby the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder near by also is a large help. Each day, scoop your pet waste materials into a tote, double carrier it, tie it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor around the litter box as well as to place clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery hand bags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes within the litter, connect the bag up limited and dump it in the trash!