article title : robot cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up viewing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of kitty pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and maintains litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust and odor trapped within the covered container may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded field, on the other hands provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It is very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more appealing the kitty field is to the kitten, a lot more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest field that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a package may wrap up having the pet cat litter being disperse all over when your feline scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They change pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to deal with and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor entirely over time no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and ease of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else in my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” And the kitty is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having had pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to help make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next tip.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item like a roll of surprise wrap or shelf paper on one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, collection it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area surrounding the pack frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or suspend it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger handy as well.
- Fill your container 50 percent full with litter. Among the most frequent faults people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s such as a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a big help. Each day, scoop your pet waste materials into a bag, double handbag it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper bath towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well as to position clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the handbag up restricted and dump it in the garbage!