article title : retrain cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any kitty owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty pack. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you wrap up viewing your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of pet cat box available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and helps to keep litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor trapped within the protected pack may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other hand provides more space for the kitten to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and more aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is vital. It’s very common for people to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty field is to the pet cat, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a package may wrap up having the cat litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They adapt pretty much on plastic material as well as metallic boxes. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor permanently over time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more costly than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Along with the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as is possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having got cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the kitty to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that causes my next hint.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning equipment, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of gift wrap or shelf newspaper on one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area around the field frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or hang it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most common blunders people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s like a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging close to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a large help. Each day, scoop the pet throw away into a bag, double bag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels within the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor around the litter box as well as to spot clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery luggage. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes in with the litter, tie up the handbag up tight and dump it in the garbage!