article title : petmate cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any feline owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s liking and you wrap up viewing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitten container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely depends upon your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and retains litter checking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor stuck within the protected package may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded package, on the other palm provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and more aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more appealing the kitty package is to the pet cat, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a container may conclude having the cat litter being disperse around when your cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a choice on the materials type. They adjust pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to deal with and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor entirely after some time no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Along with the kitty is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having got pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that leads to my next suggestion.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is within a small closet with cleaning materials, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of gift cover or shelf paper using one of the shelves is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, brand it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area throughout the container frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang up it on the wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your pack one half full with litter. One of the most frequent flaws people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a major help. Each day, scoop your pet misuse into a bag, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor around the litter box as well concerning identify clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery bags. Use your paper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes together with the litter, link the bag up limited and dump it in the garbage!