article title : pellet cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any kitten owner but little is well known of the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty box. Choose one which is never to your cat’s liking and you wrap up discovering your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty box.
There are many different types of feline pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it very much will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and retains litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor caught within the protected package may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded box, on the other palm provides more space for the kitty to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It’s very common for folks to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your kitten. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the feline, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest container that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a package may end up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your kitty scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a preference on the material type. They conform pretty much on plastic as well as metallic bins. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor entirely after some time and no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever pondered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Reason #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that developing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Along with the feline is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that leads to my next suggestion.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is a small closet with cleaning equipment, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf newspaper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, line it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area around the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or suspend it over a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your package 1 / 2 full with litter. One of the most frequent problems people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s just like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging close to the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a large help. Each day, scoop the pet misuse into a handbag, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and spray cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper bath towels on the inside of the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor surrounding the litter box as well concerning spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie the tote up restricted and dump it in the trash!