article title : no smell cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty field. Choose one that is not to your cat’s liking and you end up seeing your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of feline field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It’s also neater and helps to keep litter monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor trapped within the protected package may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other side provides more space for the kitty to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It’s very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more appealing the kitty box is to the kitty, a lot more apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a pack may end up having the cat litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a preference on the material type. They adjust pretty much on plastic as well as metallic bins. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to manage and washed. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor forever after some time no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an automated cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Along with the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as is possible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that contributes to my next hint.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is within a small closet with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper using one of the racks is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area around the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or hang it over a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of electric batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack 50 percent full with litter. Among the most typical flaws people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s just like a very clean box, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the box without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder local also is a big help. Each day, scoop the pet misuse into a carrier, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and spray cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper bath towels on the inside of the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the litter box as well concerning place clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery luggage. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, toss the towels or wipes in with the litter, link the tote up tight and dump it in the garbage!