article title : no mess cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any feline owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty pack. Choose one which is not to your cat’s liking and you wrap up seeing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty package.
There are various types of kitten field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it very much depends on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy to them. It’s also neater and maintains litter checking to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the protected package may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded box, on the other hand provides more space for the feline to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for folks to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more welcoming the kitty container is to the kitty, the more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest field that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a package may end up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your pet cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They adapt pretty much on plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and washed. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor once and for all after some time and no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that getting a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” And the cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having got pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that causes my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning supplies, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item like a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets works well to keep carefully the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area throughout the package frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it on the wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of electric batteries and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your container fifty percent full with litter. Among the most frequent flaws people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s such as a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a big help. Every day, scoop the pet throw away into a handbag, double carrier it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and aerosol cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor around the kitty litter box as well concerning identify clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery bags. Use your paper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, link the tote up tight and dump it in the trash!