article title : moving a cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose one which is never to your cat’s liking and you conclude witnessing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty field.
There are many different types of kitten field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely depends on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and retains litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the covered package may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded field, on the other side provides more space for the pet cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and more aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It’s very common for folks to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more welcoming the kitty pack is to the feline, the greater apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may finish up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a desire on the materials type. They change pretty much on plastic as well as metallic boxes. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to manage and washed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor once and for all after some time no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a great solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that getting a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Plus the feline is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that causes my next hint.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning supplies, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked open. Placing a long item such as a roll of gift wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to wash the area throughout the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang it on a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your field one half full with litter. One of the most typical errors people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s such as a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near to the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Each day, scoop the pet throw away into a bag, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor round the litter box as well as to place clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, toss the towels or wipes within the litter, tie the bag up limited and dump it in the trash!