article title : modkat cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any kitten owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty pack. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s liking and you wrap up seeing your kitty avoiding the use from it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty field.
There are many different types of pet cat field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends on your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for them. It’s also neater and helps to keep litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor trapped within the protected box may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded field, on the other hand provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is very important. It is very common for folks to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your cat. The more appealing the kitty container is to the pet cat, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may finish up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They adjust pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic bins. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor completely after some time and no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that getting a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” Along with the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Stunned when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of kitten care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next tip.
- Where I’ve found to keep the litter box is in a small closet with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item such as a roll of present wrap or shelf paper on one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with clear plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area throughout the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or suspend it on a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack fifty percent full with litter. Among the most common mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s just like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging close to the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a large help. Every day, scoop the pet waste materials into a bag, double tote it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor surrounding the kitty litter box as well as to place clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery handbags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes in with the litter, link the tote up tight and dump it in the trash!