article title : mod cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty pack. Choose the one which is not to your cat’s liking and you end up seeing your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty box.
There are many different types of kitty box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for them. It’s also neater and will keep litter monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the protected field may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other hands provides more space for the feline to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your pet cat. The more welcoming the kitty package is to the kitten, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a package may conclude having the cat litter being disperse around when your kitty scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a inclination on the material type. They conform pretty much on plastic material as well as metallic bins. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to manage and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor once and for all after some time no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” As well as the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Astonished when they see. Having had pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that leads to my next tip.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning products, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked available. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift cover or shelf paper using one of the racks is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area round the container frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or suspend it over a wall in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your pack half full with litter. Among the most frequent errors people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s just like a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging nearby the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder nearby also is a major help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a bag, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and aerosol cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the litter box as well concerning place clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery totes. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, throw the towels or wipes together with the litter, connect the carrier up tight and dump it in the trash!