article title : mess free cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty box. Choose the one that is never to your cat’s liking and you conclude viewing your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty field.
There are many different types of feline pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy to them. It is also neater and will keep litter checking to the very least. However, the dirt and odor captured within the covered box may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded box, on the other side provides more space for the kitten to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is very important. It is very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your kitty. The more appealing the kitty container is to the pet cat, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a package may end up having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your feline scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the material type. They adapt pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic boxes. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor completely after some time no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” As well as the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the cat to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that brings about my next hint.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area about the field frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your field 50 percent full with litter. Among the most typical faults people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s such as a very clean box, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging nearby the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder close by also is a huge help. Every day, scoop the pet waste products into a bag, double carrier it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and spray cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor across the litter box as well as to place clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery luggage. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes in with the litter, link the tote up restricted and dump it in the garbage!