article title : low sided cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any cat owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty package. Choose the one that is never to your cat’s liking and you end up viewing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitty pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely depends upon your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for them. It is also neater and continues litter tracking to a minimum. However, the dust and odor stuck within the protected box may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other side provides more space for the kitten to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is very important. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your kitten. The more appealing the kitty container is to the kitten, a lot more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always select the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a container may wrap up having the cat litter being disperse around when your cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a preference on the material type. They change pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to take care of and washed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor forever over time and no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to boost sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to consider is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that using a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” Plus the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having acquired pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the pet cat to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that causes my next suggestion.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep the door cracked open up. Placing a long item such as a roll of gift cover or shelf newspaper on one of the racks is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, collection it with vinyl or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area throughout the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or suspend it over a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger useful as well.
- Fill your box fifty percent full with litter. Among the most frequent problems people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s such as a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Each day, scoop the pet throw away into a tote, double bag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor about the litter box as well as to spot clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery carriers. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the tote up small and dump it in the trash!