article title : little robot cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you finish up experiencing your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitty pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it very much depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and maintains litter checking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor caught within the covered package may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded box, on the other palm provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It is very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the cat, a lot more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a container may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse around when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a desire on the material type. They adjust pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to deal with and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor permanently over time no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and ease of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that possessing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” Along with the feline is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good signal you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Amazed when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of kitten care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that leads to my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is within a small closet with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of gift wrap or shelf paper on one of the racks is effective to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, series it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area about the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack one half full with litter. Among the most common blunders people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s such as a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near to the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder near by also is a huge help. Each day, scoop the pet misuse into a bag, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor round the kitty litter box as well as to position clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes along with the litter, link the carrier up restricted and dump it in the garbage!