article title : litter spinner cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any feline owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s habit towards the use of its kitty box. Choose one that is never to your cat’s preference and you end up finding your kitty preventing the use from it totally. It could choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty package.
There are many different types of pet cat box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely depends on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for them. It’s also neater and retains litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor caught within the protected container may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other palm provides more space for the kitten to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It is very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your feline. The more inviting the kitty container is to the feline, the more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the cat litter being disperse around when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a choice on the material type. They adapt pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor permanently over time and no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Cause #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” And the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good indication you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Amazed when they see. Having had cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an starting for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. In order that leads to my next suggestion.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is a small closet with cleaning materials, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item such as a roll of present cover or shelf paper on one of the shelves is effective to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, brand it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area across the container frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or hang it on the wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your box one half full with litter. Among the most common problems people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s just like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a large help. Each day, scoop the pet throw away into a bag, double carrier it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor about the kitty litter box as well concerning position clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery hand bags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, chuck the towels or wipes in with the litter, tie up the tote up limited and dump it in the garbage!