article title : lidded cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any kitten owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose the one that is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up viewing your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are many different types of cat field available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it offers some privacy to them. It’s also neater and continues litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor captured within the covered container may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded container, on the other palm provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It’s very common for people to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more appealing the kitty box is to the kitty, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a container may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your pet cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a desire on the material type. They modify pretty well on plastic as well as metallic boxes. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to manage and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor once and for all over time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more costly than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else within my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that possessing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” And the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. In order that contributes to my next tip.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area throughout the box frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it on the wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your field half full with litter. One of the most typical errors people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s such as a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the field without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging close to the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a huge help. Each day, scoop your pet throw away into a handbag, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper bath towels on the inside of the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor throughout the litter box as well as to identify clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, put the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, tie the carrier up tight and dump it in the trash!