article title : jumbo cat litter boxes
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for any feline owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose one that is not to your cat’s preference and you conclude experiencing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitty container available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for them. It’s also neater and will keep litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor stuck within the covered pack may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded box, on the other hands provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and old cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It is very common for individuals to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your feline. The more appealing the kitty package is to the pet cat, the greater apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a package may finish up having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your feline scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a desire on the material type. They modify pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor completely over time and no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are an effective way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Plus the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as is possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having possessed pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of kitten care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that leads to my next suggestion.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift cover or shelf paper using one of the cabinets works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, line it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area around the box frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang up it over a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box fifty percent full with litter. One of the most frequent flaws people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s just like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging nearby the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a big help. Every day, scoop the pet waste products into a carrier, double tote it, tie it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and squirt cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor round the litter box as well as to identify clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery hand bags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, throw the towels or wipes together with the litter, tie the carrier up small and dump it in the trash!