article title : jonny cat litter box liners
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any kitty owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s habit towards the use of its kitty box. Choose one that is never to your cat’s preference and you wrap up experiencing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of pet cat box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely depends on your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy to them. It is also neater and keeps litter monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor stuck within the protected package may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hands provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It’s very common for folks to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty container is to the kitten, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a pack may conclude having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a desire on the materials type. They adapt pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor permanently after some time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that possessing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Along with the kitty is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you might not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Stunned when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to help make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitty to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. In order that brings about my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area throughout the field frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang up it over a wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery power and charger handy as well.
- Fill your field fifty percent full with litter. Among the most typical errors people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s just like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a large help. Every day, scoop the pet waste products into a handbag, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper bath towels on the inside of the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor around the kitty litter box as well concerning position clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery luggage. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, toss the towels or wipes in with the litter, connect the handbag up limited and dump it in the trash!