article title : iris cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any kitty owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty package. Choose the one which is not to your cat’s liking and you finish up witnessing your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty package.
There are various types of cat field available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much is determined by your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and helps to keep litter tracking to the very least. However, the particles and odor trapped within the protected container may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the kitten to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and elderly cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is very important. It’s very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your kitten. The more welcoming the kitty pack is to the kitten, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a package may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your kitty scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a choice on the material type. They change pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor completely over time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to boost sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” And the feline is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as it can be.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Stunned when they see. Having got pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. So that brings about my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open. Placing a long item such as a roll of surprise wrap or shelf newspaper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area across the package frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger handy as well.
- Fill your pack 50 % full with litter. Among the most frequent flaws people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s such as a very clean pack, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the field without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near to the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder near by also is a big help. Every day, scoop your pet waste materials into a bag, double handbag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels within the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor across the litter box as well as to position clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery totes. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, throw the towels or wipes within the litter, link the handbag up tight and dump it in the garbage!