article title : iris 2 in 1 cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any feline owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s habit towards the use of its kitty field. Choose one which is never to your cat’s liking and you end up discovering your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of kitten package available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and continues litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the protected pack may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded pack, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and elderly cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It’s very common for folks to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more inviting the kitty package is to the cat, the greater apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may end up having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your feline scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a inclination on the material type. They adjust pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic containers. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to manage and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor completely over time no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever pondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Along with the cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having got felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the feline to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. In order that causes my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item such as a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area around the package frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or suspend it on a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your pack fifty percent full with litter. Among the most common faults people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s such as a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging nearby the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a big help. Every day, scoop the pet waste material into a carrier, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and spray cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper bath towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor throughout the litter box as well concerning spot clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie the handbag up small and dump it in the trash!