article title : igloo cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any pet cat owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty package. Choose one which is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up finding your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of pet cat container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and maintains litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dust and odor trapped within the protected container may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded box, on the other palm provides more space for the feline to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It is very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your feline. The more appealing the kitty pack is to the feline, the more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always select the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may finish up having the feline litter being disperse around when your cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a inclination on the materials type. They modify pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic bins. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to cope with and washed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor completely after some time no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and simplicity without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your dog.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that creating a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” And the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having acquired felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to help make the job of kitten care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that causes my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item like a roll of present cover or shelf paper on one of the shelves is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, brand it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area across the package frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or suspend it on the wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box half full with litter. Among the most frequent blunders people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s just like a very clean pack, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging close to the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder local also is a big help. Every day, scoop your pet throw away into a tote, double tote it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper bath towels on the inside of the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor about the kitty litter box as well concerning identify clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery handbags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes together with the litter, link the handbag up restricted and dump it in the garbage!