article title : ideas for hiding cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is well known of the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty field. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you wrap up discovering your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are many different types of kitty field available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much depends upon your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it offers some privacy for these people. It’s also neater and will keep litter tracking to a minimum. However, the dust and odor captured within the protected field may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other hand provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and older cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is vital. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your pet cat. The more inviting the kitty package is to the feline, the more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest box that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may end up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They change pretty much on plastic as well as metallic boxes. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to deal with and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor once and for all over time no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” As well as the cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as is feasible.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Amazed when they see. Having had cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. So that contributes to my next idea.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is in a small closet with cleaning materials, or in an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item such as a roll of surprise wrap or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area surrounding the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your package fifty percent full with litter. Among the most frequent errors people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s like a very clean box, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder local also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet waste into a tote, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery bags. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes within the litter, connect the carrier up restricted and dump it in the garbage!