article title : how to keep cat litter box from smelling
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is well known of the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty package. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you wrap up experiencing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty box.
There are many different types of kitty pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy to them. It’s also neater and maintains litter monitoring to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor stuck within the covered box may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It is very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your feline. The more inviting the kitty pack is to the cat, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest container that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may end up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your kitten scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a preference on the materials type. They modify pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor completely over time no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Cause #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else in my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that possessing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” As well as the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as it can be.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having had pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an beginning for the cat to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that leads to my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing a long item like a roll of gift cover or shelf newspaper on one of the racks is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, brand it with clear plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area about the package frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it on the wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your pack half full with litter. One of the most frequent mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s just like a very clean pack, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder near by also is a large help. Each day, scoop your pet misuse into a tote, double handbag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and spray cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor around the kitty litter box as well as to identify clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery totes. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes together with the litter, link the handbag up restricted and dump it in the trash!