article title : hooded cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you wrap up witnessing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of kitty container available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and retains litter checking to a minimum. However, the dust and odor trapped within the protected container may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded package, on the other hand provides more space for the kitten to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and more mature cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It’s very common for people to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your cat. The more inviting the kitty field is to the kitty, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a package may end up having the feline litter being disperse all over when your feline scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a choice on the materials type. They adapt pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor completely after some time no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a great way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that developing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” Plus the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that causes my next idea.
- Where I’ve found to keep the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning supplies, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of surprise cover or shelf paper using one of the racks works well to keep carefully the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area surrounding the box frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or suspend it on a wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery power and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your package 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most frequent blunders people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s such as a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder close by also is a large help. Each day, scoop the pet throw away into a bag, double handbag it, tie it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and spray cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor around the litter box as well as to spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery luggage. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, throw the towels or wipes together with the litter, tie the carrier up limited and dump it in the trash!