article title : high tech cat litter boxes
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for any feline owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty package. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s liking and you conclude witnessing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty pack.
There are many different types of pet cat box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely is determined by your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and maintains litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the particles and odor trapped within the protected container may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded field, on the other palm provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It is very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the feline, the greater apt he will be to utilize it. So, always select the largest container that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may conclude having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a choice on the material type. They modify pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic bins. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor permanently over time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is a great solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an automated cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that developing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” Along with the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having acquired cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of kitten care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next hint.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or in an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper on one of the shelves is effective to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with vinyl or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area surrounding the package frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or suspend it on the wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your container one half full with litter. One of the most frequent flaws people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s such as a very clean field, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging nearby the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a major help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a bag, double tote it, tie it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and spray cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor about the kitty litter box as well as to position clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery bags. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, connect the bag up limited and dump it in the trash!