article title : high sided cat litter boxes
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any cat owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose the one that is never to your cat’s liking and you wrap up discovering your kitty preventing the use from it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty field.
There are many different types of kitten container available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy to them. It is also neater and will keep litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the covered field may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other palm provides more space for the kitty to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and more mature cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it will be to your kitty. The more inviting the kitty field is to the kitten, the more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a pack may finish up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your feline scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a inclination on the material type. They change pretty well on plastic as well as metallic bins. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor permanently after some time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever considered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else in my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that getting a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” And the kitten is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having had pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next hint.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning products, or in an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item like a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper using one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area round the box frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang up it on a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box half full with litter. One of the most common errors people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s like a very clean box, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging close to the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder near by also is a large help. Every day, scoop your pet waste into a bag, double tote it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and spray cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor surrounding the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery bags. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie the handbag up small and dump it in the garbage!