article title : high sided cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any cat owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty pack. Choose one which is not to your cat’s preference and you conclude discovering your kitty preventing the use from it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are many different types of kitty pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much depends on your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and retains litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor stuck within the covered pack may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is vital. It’s very common for individuals to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your kitten. The more welcoming the kitty package is to the kitty, a lot more apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a choice on the materials type. They adjust pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to manage and washed. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor permanently over time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Plus the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Stunned when they see. Having experienced felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that contributes to my next hint.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item like a roll of present cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area about the field frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or suspend it on the wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your box 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most common flaws people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s such as a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the box without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder close by also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet misuse into a tote, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and spray cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor throughout the litter box as well concerning identify clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery handbags. Use your paper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the carrier up restricted and dump it in the garbage!