article title : high back cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty box. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s preference and you finish up experiencing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of cat box available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it very much depends upon your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It’s also neater and will keep litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the particles and odor stuck within the covered box may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is vital. It is very common for individuals to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more inviting the kitty container is to the cat, a lot more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may end up having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the material type. They change pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and washed. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor entirely over time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever considered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that creating a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” Plus the feline is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as it can be.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of kitten care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. So that leads to my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning items, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open up. Placing a long item such as a roll of present wrap or shelf paper on one of the shelves works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, lines it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area surrounding the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or hang it over a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of battery packs and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your field 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most typical faults people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging close to the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder near by also is a major help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a handbag, double tote it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and spray cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper bath towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie up the tote up small and dump it in the trash!