article title : hiding cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for any kitten owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose one that is not to your cat’s liking and you end up experiencing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty pack.
There are many different types of kitten container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely depends upon your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and will keep litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor captured within the covered field may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded package, on the other hand provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and older cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It is very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your kitten. The more appealing the kitty package is to the kitten, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a container may end up having the cat litter being disperse all over when your kitten scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a choice on the material type. They adjust pretty well on plastic as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor forever after some time and no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic cover box is a great solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that creating a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Plus the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good signal you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having acquired felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the pet cat to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. So that causes my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of present wrap or shelf newspaper using one of the cabinets works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area surrounding the container frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or hang up it on the wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box one half full with litter. Among the most frequent faults people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s such as a very clean pack, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder local also is a major help. Every day, scoop the pet waste products into a handbag, double tote it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper bath towels on the inside of the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well concerning position clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery handbags. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, connect the bag up restricted and dump it in the garbage!