article title : hiding cat litter box ideas
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty pack. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you wrap up discovering your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of feline box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and helps to keep litter checking to a minimum. However, the particles and odor captured within the covered package may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hand provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for folks to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more inviting the kitty container is to the feline, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may finish up having the cat litter being disperse around when your kitten scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a desire on the material type. They change pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic bins. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to deal with and washed. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor permanently over time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Along with the feline is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to help make the job of kitty care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next idea.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item such as a roll of surprise wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area round the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or suspend it on the wall in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of battery packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your container half full with litter. Among the most typical problems people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging nearby the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder near by also is a large help. Every day, scoop the pet waste materials into a bag, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well as to position clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery totes. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, throw the towels or wipes in with the litter, link the carrier up limited and dump it in the garbage!