article title : genie cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any kitten owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the use of its kitty pack. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s liking and you end up witnessing your kitty preventing the use from it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty package.
There are various types of kitty pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely depends on your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy to them. It is also neater and will keep litter monitoring to a minimum. However, the particles and odor captured within the protected pack may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded box, on the other hands provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and more mature cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is vital. It is very common for people to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your cat. The more inviting the kitty container is to the feline, a lot more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may finish up having the cat litter being disperse around when your pet cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a inclination on the materials type. They modify pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to take care of and washed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor completely after some time and no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more expensive than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that possessing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Plus the kitten is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good signal you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having had felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next hint.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning equipment, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper on one of the racks works well to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, line it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area across the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or suspend it over a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger handy as well.
- Fill your package 50 % full with litter. One of the most typical blunders people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean field, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a huge help. Every day, scoop the pet waste into a tote, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and aerosol cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor surrounding the kitty litter box as well concerning identify clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery carriers. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, throw the towels or wipes together with the litter, connect the bag up small and dump it in the garbage!