article title : flushing cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s habit towards the use of its kitty pack. Choose the one which is not to your cat’s preference and you finish up witnessing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty box.
There are various types of pet cat container available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and will keep litter tracking to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor stuck within the protected field may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded package, on the other hand provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and old cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It is very common for individuals to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more inviting the kitty container is to the cat, the greater apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a pack may finish up having the cat litter being disperse around when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They conform pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and washed. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor permanently over time no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that possessing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” And the feline is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having got felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to help make the job of kitten care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an opening for the cat to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that leads to my next hint.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is a small closet with cleaning materials, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item such as a roll of present wrap or shelf paper using one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, series it with vinyl or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area across the box frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or suspend it on a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of electric batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most common mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s just like a very clean box, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Every day, scoop your pet waste into a carrier, double carrier it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor surrounding the kitty litter box as well as to identify clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery totes. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the bath towels or wipes in with the litter, link the carrier up restricted and dump it in the trash!