article title : febreze cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s preference and you end up finding your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of feline container available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and maintains litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dust and odor captured within the protected package may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the kitten to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is vital. It is very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the kitten, the more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a pack may end up having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a choice on the materials type. They modify pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic containers. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor completely over time and no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an programmed pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Along with the cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as it can be.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having acquired cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to help make the job of kitten care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitty to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that brings about my next tip.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is within a small closet with cleaning equipment, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea cover or shelf paper using one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area throughout the box frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang it on a wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of battery packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your box half full with litter. Among the most typical blunders people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s just like a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging nearby the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder close by also is a major help. Every day, scoop the pet waste products into a carrier, double handbag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor surrounding the litter box as well as to place clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery luggage. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie the tote up restricted and dump it in the garbage!