article title : fancy cat litter boxes
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s patterns towards the use of its kitty container. Choose one that is never to your cat’s preference and you end up experiencing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of feline field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and will keep litter checking to the very least. However, the dust and odor trapped within the covered pack may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded field, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It’s very common for folks to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your kitten. The more inviting the kitty box is to the cat, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest box that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may conclude having the cat litter being disperse all over when your feline scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a inclination on the materials type. They adjust pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to take care of and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor forever after some time and no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic cover box is an excellent solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else in my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that possessing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” And the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Stunned when they see. Having had felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an starting for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that causes my next suggestion.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning equipment, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea cover or shelf paper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, series it with plastic material or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area across the package frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang up it on the wall in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your box 50 % full with litter. Among the most common flaws people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging nearby the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a large help. Every day, scoop your pet throw away into a bag, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and aerosol cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor round the litter box as well concerning spot clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes in with the litter, tie the tote up tight and dump it in the garbage!