article title : extra long cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty container. Choose one which is not to your cat’s liking and you finish up witnessing your kitty avoiding the use from it totally. It may choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty box.
There are various types of feline package available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it very much is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy to them. It’s also neater and retains litter monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor trapped within the protected pack may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other hand provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It is very common for folks to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your cat. The more welcoming the kitty container is to the kitty, the more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They change pretty much on plastic material as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to manage and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor forever after some time no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever wondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your furry friend.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that possessing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” And the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Stunned when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of kitty care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing a long item such as a roll of present wrap or shelf paper using one of the racks is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to wash the area round the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang it on the wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your box one half full with litter. Among the most typical mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s just like a very clean package, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the pack without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder close by also is a big help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a tote, double carrier it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well concerning position clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery totes. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, throw the towels or wipes along with the litter, connect the handbag up restricted and dump it in the trash!