article title : dog proof cat litter box furniture
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty box. Choose one that is not to your cat’s liking and you wrap up viewing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitty pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for these people. It’s also neater and continues litter monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor captured within the protected package may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded package, on the other hands provides more space for the pet cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is vital. It’s very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your kitty. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the pet cat, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest box that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a pack may finish up having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They change pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic boxes. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor entirely after some time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” And the kitty is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that leads to my next hint.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small closet with cleaning items, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing a long item such as a roll of gift cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with vinyl or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area around the pack frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your field fifty percent full with litter. Among the most typical problems people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s like a very clean field, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a big help. Every day, scoop your pet waste materials into a carrier, double handbag it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and spray cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper bath towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor surrounding the litter box as well as to spot clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, connect the carrier up tight and dump it in the garbage!