article title : disposable cat litter box travel
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty field. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you wrap up viewing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It may choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of kitten field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy to them. It’s also neater and maintains litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dirt and odor trapped within the protected box may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other hands provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and older cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It’s very common for individuals to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more inviting the kitty pack is to the pet cat, the greater apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest container that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a container may conclude having the cat litter being disperse all over when your kitty scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a choice on the materials type. They adjust pretty much on plastic material as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleansed. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor once and for all after some time and no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and simplicity without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic cover box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” And the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is possible.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having possessed felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to help make the job of kitten care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that contributes to my next hint.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift cover or shelf paper using one of the racks is effective to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area throughout the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or suspend it on a wall in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger handy as well.
- Fill your container 50 percent full with litter. One of the most common flaws people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging nearby the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet waste material into a handbag, double handbag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper bath towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well as to place clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery bags. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, toss the towels or wipes in with the litter, connect the handbag up tight and dump it in the garbage!