Discounted LitterMaid LM980 Automatic Self-Cleaning Classic Litter Box In Hancock,IOWA Explanation:
The Littermaid programmed litter box is one of the most popular entry level cat boxes on the market today, most new customers of these gadgets tend to buy the Litter Maid, predicated on its affordable price, good user reviews and the ability to focus on multiple cats quite easily.
This unit is simple to use and its own incredibly possible for your cat to help make the move from a manual litter box to the automated system. This is generally because of the Littermaid LM980’s simplistic typical waste package design, which helps felines that are not use to big transitions, particularly when it involves their litter pans.
The machine works based on sensor technology which is installed with movement detectors to detect your cats use of the kitten trey.
Once your kitten is done with the business, The litter pan engages the products cleaning pattern after a period delay.
The waste material receptacle pot is very spacious and easily attracts multiple cats with inside your home hold, nevertheless the unit wouldn’t be filled with out the waste products container being covered plus a carbon filter to avoid any cat odors releasing in your house, if you are not keen on cat smell making your home smelling such as a cat sand skillet, this product is the answer to your prayers of any odour free home.
The Design of the LM980 Mega
The LitterMaid features an impressive high wall membrane design to avoid all litter kicking pet cats from ever kicking litter from the litter box and onto the floor ever again, which really is a common issue with most home cats.
This waste pack also comes with an anti litter trailing ramp to help expand prevent litter to adhere to the paws of the kitty, leading to your cat leaving a path of litter throughout the house so that you can clean up.
There is absolutely no question about the concern that the machine has when it comes to making a clean free design which is capable of preventing frustrating litter trailing and litter kicking pet cats.
The advanced motion sensors is what drives the automatic self applied cleaning design, the sensors are activated once the cat has got into the waste products receptacle to do his/her’s business, once the kitten leaves the litter receptacle a delay of ten minutes is then involved before the cleaning routine proceeds to clean your cats throw away.
- High wall design
- Computerized rake scooping design
- Anti Litter Trailing paw cleaning Ramp
- Safety Bar
- Dual setup functions in Automatic and Manual modes
- Spacious waste box that can take 60% more litter than other kitty boxes.
- 4x Waste material receptacles
- 4x Carbon Filters
- Caters to multiple cats
- Uses clumping clay litter for easy computerized cleaning
So how exactly does the litter Littermaid work?
The LitterMaid works nearly the same as all the other rake powered cat trey on the marketplace the thing that separates The litter maid LM980 from the others is the affordable price, however we should go in depth how the do it yourself cleaning procedure for the unit works.Littermaid Home Cleaning KITTY LITTER BOX Review
This self applied cleaning waste receptacle works on a series of sensors that are activated prior to the cleaning cycle, soon after the kitten has done his/hers business and leaves the litter box.
Once the pet cat has successfully remaining the litter box the Litter maids on-board program engages a 10 minute timed hold off period prior to the home cleaning process is activated.
The hold off process permits the litter to clump any feces and urine as well as providing your cat enough time to complete his/her’s business, leading your kitten away from re-entering the litter container through the litter cleaning circuit.
If your cat will re-enter the litter skillet at any given moment in time during the delay or cleaning process the device will reset itself for another 10 minutes before the cleaning cycle is reactivated.
After the 10 minute delay period the rake is then engaged for the self cleaning cycle, the rake combs through the litter and catches all the throw away clumps in its monitors.
Once the rake has already reached the other end of the cat pan the misuse receptacle opens and the waste materials is disposed accordingly, going out of no traces of dusty litter and waste products in the waste material container, keeping everything clean for the next use.
The litterMaid LM980 is a completely automatic do it yourself cleaning litter skillet suite, however there is also a manual mode on this unit, a press button process which enables you to clean the litter box personally by pressing a button, and the unit skips all the delay processes and gets to do the job.
Note: With all rake motivated cat treys there’s always a potential for litter being captured in the rake, however the LitterMaid team has made it easy to clean with a push-button rake release button that emits the rake module for really easy cleaning.
Guidelines and best practices
It is recommended that you don’t over fill the litter tray as this can cause the rake to jam and would require manual assistance, better to keep carefully the litter below the red collection to be safe.
If there is a ability outage and the energy is reconnected the machine will stay off before unit is turned back again on again.
It is recommended to never find the sensor damp as this can damage the units functionality.
When the litter box is close to a bedroom it is advisable to transform it off during the night as this product can be really loud
There will be a small amount of mess around the litter box therefore i recommend taking a look at the kitten litter mats
The unit needs replacement waste material containers plus they are very easy to purchase and they are not expensive, however some users of the machine have determined a way to reuse the misuse containers so there exists minimal throw away of the throw-away containers.
Tip: The ultimate way to reuse these containers is to get a normal shopping bag (Plastic handbag) cover the garbage bag around the pot and stick it in the throw away receptacle.
This will allow you to use these storage containers many times over and over again with out needing to regularly buy new pots every couple of weeks.
- Automatic rake scooping efficiency.
- Non-scooping design
- Easy removing of rake for easy cleaning.
- Proven breakthroughs from the previous LitterMaid self cleaning litter box.
- 10 minute wait time before cleaning cycle.
- Includes litter ramp to completely clean the paws of the feline leaving the cat box to prevent litter trailing.
- This Litter maid LM980 is a bigger design to focus on larger cats.
- Collects waste quicker without fuss.
- Tightly sealed waste material receptacle and carbon filtration systems to eliminate stench in its tracks
- Waste material can get jammed in the rake which would require manual assistance.
- The LitterMaid LM980 Mega needs superior clay clumping litter or it dosnt deal with smooth feces well.
- The waste storage container is a little small so that it requires daily cleaning for more than 2 pet cats.
- litter pot depth is insufficient to place the advised 2-3 ins of litter.
- The mechanism noise is pretty noisy.
- Additional acquisitions of waste materials receptacles
I recommend the machine to:
- Pet cats owners who are enthusiastic about buys their first do it yourself cleaning litter pans.
- Owners buying solution that helps to keep up with constant maintenance of their felines litter box with no much hassle.
- Owners who own multiple pet cats.
- Looking for an affordable solution.
- Owners bothered by kitty odor.throw away box
I do not recommend the machine to:
- Owners looking for a totally scoop-free solution as there is some manual cleaning engaged.
- If you are not looking to acquire additional supplies to help make the unit work.
My Final bottom line on the Litter MaidLittermaid LM980 Mega automatic litter Box Review
My applying for grants the LitterMaid self cleaning litter box is really as uses, I find the unit is a well-crafted and simple to use, it eliminates stench as promised and makes life a little easier to deal with a cat pan.
Its not a totally hands-free, non-scooping solution however it performs very well for the affordable price it starts at.
The one issues i put with the litter pan is the manuals, they are not as clear as what you could expect and the machine is just a little hard to set up if you don’t contain the instructional video tutorial as the unit includes a lot of bits to assemble.
All in all i think the unit does well for the price range, that being said its certainly not the best automatic feline receptacle on the marketplace however it is a bang for your buck.
The High-Capacity litter removal system for Litter Maid
If you’re concerned about the waste pots becoming a inconvenience for restocking I found the helpful and innovative attachment that will enables more misuse and easier bagging process as well as still cutting down any odor.
High-Capacity litter disposal system for Littermaid. Appropriate for LM980 and everything Elite models.
Disposal Features Littermaid review
- Eliminates dependence on waste receptacles
- Long term chute funnels waste materials into a sizable bag underneath
- Immense capacity lasts for weeks, impossible to overflow!
- Compatible with ALL Littermaid litter boxes, including Elite models