article title : dirty cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty box. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s liking and you conclude seeing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of kitten pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it very much depends on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy to them. It is also neater and helps to keep litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor stuck within the protected box may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded field, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is vital. It is very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your kitty. The more appealing the kitty field is to the kitty, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may conclude having the feline litter being disperse all over when your kitten scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a inclination on the material type. They adjust pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor once and for all over time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that possessing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” As well as the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good signal you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having had felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of kitten care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next tip.
- Where I’ve found to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing a long item such as a roll of present cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, range it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area about the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or hang it over a wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box 50 % full with litter. One of the most typical flaws people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s such as a very clean package, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near to the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a big help. Each day, scoop your pet waste materials into a handbag, double tote it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor surrounding the litter box as well as to position clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery handbags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes along with the litter, connect the bag up restricted and dump it in the trash!