article title : curver cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any kitty owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty field. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s liking and you conclude witnessing your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of kitten box available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for these people. It is also neater and keeps litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor stuck within the covered pack may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other palm provides more space for the pet cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It is very common for individuals to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty pack is to the pet cat, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest field that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a pack may finish up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your kitty scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a desire on the material type. They adapt pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic containers. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to cope with and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor entirely after some time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic cover box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that creating a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” As well as the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good sign you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having acquired cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to help make the job of kitty care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the pet cat to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that leads to my next hint.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning equipment, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item like a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper on one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, series it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area about the box frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang it on the wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger handy as well.
- Fill your field one half full with litter. Among the most typical blunders people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder local also is a major help. Every day, scoop the pet waste materials into a carrier, double tote it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor about the kitty litter box as well concerning identify clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery bags. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to completely clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, toss the bath towels or wipes within the litter, link the handbag up small and dump it in the garbage!