article title : creative cat litter box solutions
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty pack. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s preference and you wrap up experiencing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of kitty box available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely is determined by your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for them. It is also neater and retains litter monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor captured within the covered box may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded box, on the other palm provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is vital. It is very common for individuals to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more inviting the kitty field is to the kitten, the more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a container may end up having the cat litter being disperse all over when your feline scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a inclination on the material type. They adjust pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor completely after some time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Plus the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good signal you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Astonished when they see. Having acquired pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that contributes to my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item like a roll of gift cover or shelf paper on one of the racks works well to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, collection it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area throughout the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang it on the wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack half full with litter. Among the most typical mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet waste products into a carrier, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery luggage. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes within the litter, connect the handbag up limited and dump it in the trash!