article title : concealed cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is well known of the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up seeing your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of kitten pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely depends upon your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it offers some privacy on their behalf. It’s also neater and continues litter checking to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor stuck within the covered field may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded package, on the other hand provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It’s very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more inviting the kitty pack is to the pet cat, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest container that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may conclude having the cat litter being disperse around when your pet cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They adjust pretty well on plastic as well as metallic containers. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor once and for all after some time no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that getting a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Plus the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you might not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is feasible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having experienced pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the kitty to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is within a small closet with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked available. Placing an extended item like a roll of present wrap or shelf paper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep carefully the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area surrounding the field frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of electric batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your package 50 % full with litter. Among the most frequent blunders people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near to the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a large help. Every day, scoop your pet waste into a carrier, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor round the litter box as well concerning position clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie the carrier up tight and dump it in the garbage!